Thursday, March 26, 2009

Busy Day

Today was super busy! We were early for Matty's pediatrician appt, so we stopped by the NICU to say hello. We were able to chat with Charlotte, Susan, Missy, Igor, Amy, Clarissa, Kelli, Cindy, Larry, Tammy, Mary, Cassie (I hope I'm not forgetting anyone!) When Matthew was a patient in the NICU, I often saw families returning with their babies to visit, and I remember wishing for the day that we could be in that position, and today was that day! It brought back memories when we spoke with a new mom who had just had 1 lb 9 oz baby, and she knew that they were in for a long road...my Mom did tell her about Matty's story, which seemed to make her feel better. We are so thankful for all of the nurses, doctors, and respiratory therapists who helped Matty through his stay. One of the nurses told us that it is seeing graduates return that helps her go to work everyday. Then, we had to go next door for Matty to receive his last Synagis shot...hard to believe that he has received a total of 6! He weighed in at almost 13 lbs 10 oz. After a quick baby jog, we went to my Grandma Flo's house to visit her bridge group. Then, we tried to go to Town Center, but had to turn around when Matty decided to have a fountain spit up. Oh well, we know that he is helping to keep the detergent companies in business! I think that we are both tired, but are very excited to watch Mizzou play Memphis tonight. Go Tigers!

2 comments:

Clark, Beth, Max and Tatum said...

I love going to visit the NICU! In fact, I think we are due for a visit as well. I agree, we used to see the "graduates" and feel very jealous. Matty is getting so big and cute. Glad to see he is doing so well!

Unknown said...

Evan had only 5 shot of Synagis this year and 5 more in the winter, wonder why Matthew had 6.