Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Brave Boy

Today, Matty had his minor repair surgery at Children's South. I have been dreading this day for awhile now, but am so glad that it is over! I had to wake Matty up at 1am to feed him a bottle, and then at 5:30am to feed him some clear liquids (pedialyte) which he HATED. I managed to get him to take about 50 mL's. We arrived and checked in at 8am, and then were called back to pre-op. Matty grew pretty tired, so he finally fell asleep in my arms. I had to turn him over to a nurse around 9am, and we spent the next 2 hours in the waiting room. Not a very fun place to say the least! Finally, Dr G came in and told us that Matty had done great and that he was in the process of waking up. An hour later, we were called back to the recovery area, and were able to hold him and feed him a bottle. Once we got home, he was very upset, mostly because he was so tired. I am soooooo glad that today is over and that Matty was such a trooper!

No comments: