Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Lullaby

When Matty was in the NICU, we bought a little cd player so that he could listen to music while he slept and while we held him. One cd that was played the majority of the time had soft lullaby songs with rainforest sounds in the background. I played this cd every afternoon while I rocked him in the green rocking chair in his room. A few weeks ago, I found this cd and played it...as soon as the music started, all of the memories of the NICU came rushing back to me. I was amazed at Matty's reaction when he heard the music...he immediately dropped the cars that he was playing with and sat next to me...he stared at the cd player and said 'Mommy hold you' (which is how he says 'Mommy hold me'). He seemed mesmerized by the music. This music obviously had an impact on him during a stressful time in his life...he must somehow remember that he was comforted by his parents while listening to this music. He now calls the songs his 'NICU music'...

1 comment:

Jenn Ross said...

That is amazing! But I already knew that Matty, and his awesome parents, are pretty amazing! :)