Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Thankful

I am very thankful that I am able to stay at home and raise my kids. Some days are easier than others for sure, and lately it seems that I know more about the shows on Nick Jr and PBS than I do about current events. Before Matty was born, I worked for nearly 10 years in the accounting/finance world. Some of the things I miss most are dressing up for work, traveling, happy hours, participating in fantasy football leagues with co-workers, going out to lunch...just to name a few. However, I also remember how I used to sit at my desk and long to have a child. I always had to listen to co-workers talk about their kids, and I would often feel sad. At one point, 3 of my closest co-workers' wives were all pregnant at the same time, and I had to go to all of the baby showers. Tough. Then, when I found out that I was expecting Matty, I eagerly signed up for VSP at Sprint, which is where you volunteer to leave and the company pays you an amount for the number of years of your service. This was a blessing in disguise, since Matty was unexpectedly born 15 weeks early. Then, when Matty came home on oxygen and monitors, I was so blessed to be able to be there for him 24/7. He was sheltered from every possible germ that first fall, winter, and spring. He had to go to many appointments...pediatrician, NICU follow-ups, eye doctor, and had various people come into our house for OT, parents as teachers, etc. Like I said earlier, I am very blessed that I could stay home with him then and that I can still stay home with both boys today. Lately, I have been thinking of trying to do a little job on the side, where I would be able to work from home. I found out about such an opportunity, and had an interview today. I really shouldn't have gotten my hopes up, but of course I did...it turns out that the opportunity isn't really what I thought it would be...so anyways, I will stick to being the best stay-at-home mom that I can be!

No comments: