Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas Cards

I love sending and receiving Christmas cards each year, but the least fun part is definitely capturing the perfect shots of the boys. It is so hard to make them both be still, look at the camera, and smile at the same time...actually, it is nearly impossible. So, a couple of weeks ago, I decided to take them back to the studio that did their pics last year...I scheduled an appointment for a Tuesday morning, thinking that with most kids in school, the place wouldn't be crowded. I got the boys ready, drove through the snow-dusted streets (which were a bit slick in places), and got to the studio right on time. Of course, they weren't ready for us yet...we had to wait behind a family with a newborn girl (with 4 outfit changes...I counted), and another family with 3 kids. By the time we were called, it was 35 minutes past our time. The boys were both restless, and Zach immediately started crying for the first shot. The lady didn't take a single picture...I was so frustrated, we just left. At this point, I was so determined to get my pictures, I took probably 100 different ones once we got home. I guess in the end, I got a few good ones and was able to design the cards myself. I just love their new Christmas sweaters too :)





















No comments: