Monday, August 26, 2013

Head for the Cure 2013

We participated in the Head for the Cure event held at Corporate Woods yesterday morning.  There were over 5,200 people there this year!  I ran the 5k race and the boys stayed with Jeremy at tent village...their favorite was the pizza truck!  Afterwards, we attended our next door neighbors' brunch in their back yard...the boys enjoyed donuts and Matty had fun playing in the giant bounce house.  Even though it was a steamy morning, we all had fun helping to raise money for a great cause.

Here are my 5k race results...I finished in 24.5 minutes, which placed me in 9th place for my age group out of a total 174 women!  Not too shabby I guess.  Here are the online results:  http://kcrunningcompany.com/results_photos.php?id=1141&show=results# 124


They found some police motorcycles in the parking lot.

No comments: