Sunday, August 26, 2012

Head for the Cure

This morning, Zach and I attended the Head for the Cure race in Corporate Woods.  We were members of a large team in support of our next door neighbor.  I was planning to just walk through the course, but the race was postponed due to some rain and traffic issues, so I decided at the last minute to run.  Since I didn't know how to fold up the jogger stroller, I had to bring a standard stroller...however, it worked out great and Zach had a blast!  I think he enjoyed whizzing around other runners the most.  We finished the 5k in under 30 minutes I think (the official results haven't been posted online yet).  This was the first race I have run in a few years, and definitely the first ever while pushing a stroller!  I miss running races, so I am going to try to run in a couple more next year.  After the race, we went next door for the post-race brunch...a fun morning for a great cause!
Getting ready for the race.
Z pushing his stroller before the race.
Self portrait.
Celebrating after the completion of the race!

No comments: