Friday, August 28, 2009

Finally...On The Chart

Today, Matty went to the pediatrician for his 15 month checkup. He had to have a flu shot as well as another hepatitis shot. He was a trooper through the whole ordeal. This time, he seemed to remember where he was, and was very upset when the nurse laid him down to measure his length and when he was on the scale. He seemed to know that shots were inevitable. Dr S was very pleased with his growth. The big news...he is finally on the growth curve for length! YEA! For a little guy that was born at 11 inches, he is now a whopping 29 inches long! He is in the 3% for 15 month olds, and if he was measured based on his true adjusted age (almost 12 months) he would be above the 50%! One of my pet peeves is that his measurements are compared to babies that were born at term in May08, when he wasn't due until Sep08. Anyhow, his weight was 18 lbs 1.5 oz, which was getting close to the curve, and his head measurement was also getting close to the curve. I always get concerned about his weigh-ins, but today I felt pretty good! With his overactive gag reflex, every ounce he gains seems like a victory to me! Here is our tall guy today...I think he is taking after his Daddy in this area!









Other than his appt, I have been busy packing, dealing with radon/window/appraiser/storage people, and selling more of our furniture. A lady showed up last night to take our guest room furniture (dresser, mirror, desk, chair) and I had to help her lift everything into her SUV. I can't believe that we were able to lift everything! Since Jeremy is on the way home from Bermuda tonight, I went out to dinner at OTB with my parents and grandma. I didn't think that Matty would last the entire time, but he did...the secret...a simple plastic straw! Go figure...we buy him a ton of toys, but a straw keeps his attention. He grew upset whenever we took the straw away. My Mom kept thinking he'd poke his eye...kind of reminded us of the classic movie A Christmas Story..."you'll shoot your eye out"...but thankfully we all had a great time and enjoyed a yummy meal! Here is his with his straw.

No comments: