Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Moved In (part 2)

Well, we moved out of my parents' house into our new house over the weekend. It was quite an experience to say the least! The movers came on Saturday and moved our stuff from the storage unit as well as my parents' house. The only items we have found to be damaged are the leaves for the dining room table (scratched) and one of the knobs on the kitchen table (broken in half). Not too bad I guess. Sunday was spent unpacking boxes, and the furniture delivery people came on Monday. Also, my piano arrived! Yea! I have been waiting years to purchase a piano, and now that I have a room for it, I couldn't resist. It is gorgeous. I can't wait to buy some new music soon and someday, teach Matty lessons. Speaking of the little guy, he has adapted to the new house pretty well. We staged his new room to look just like his old one...same blue color, same wall items, etc. We have all of his toys in an extra bedroom for now, and so he enjoys this new setup. Also, we have taken some walks with Stan around the lakes near our home. Very scenic, especially this time of year! Anyhow, here are some pics of Matty peeking over the front entrace hall and also playing (pounding) on the piano.

1 comment:

The Maggard Family said...

Looks like you are getting all settled! How have you all been? Is Matty doing anything new and exciting? He walking yet? Sophia is just crawling everywhere and loves it! We should get together soon! If not the kids then just us for lunch. Hope to talk to you soon!